Mid-year Report 2011

It's already the end of June.
I just realized half of a year has already passed and thought about how much I've changed compared to the beginning of 2011.
Unfortunately I'm at a age when I won't experience any physical growth (Just 3 more inches?).
Oh well, I've come to just accept myself as a short-legged asian girl. Move on! xP
I know I've changed and (hopefully)grown spiritually and mentally...
It's definitely not something new, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to write a mid-year "report" evaluating about the past 6 months.

Lots of things happened in the last 6 months,
so this list mainly consists of what I remember and of what I've recently realized.
Few changes I noticed about myself recently:

1. I'm becoming girly?
My dad has been recently ACTIVELY expressing his concerns about my tomboy-personality.
My mom used to not care as much as my dad did, but now she sometimes joins in.
He's been always a protective father type, but since I turned 20's, he's been talking about how the guys that I meet will most likely think about marriage, and blah blah blah, and therefore, I should be an attractive woman for my future husband? (Huh? what?)
Anyways, I didn't notice it, but it seems my parents' occassional nagging is finally working in me.
I (secretly?) enjoyed looking at blogs about fashion before. I used to just look at coordinations of different designs and colors though.
I now notices coordinations of accessories, shoes, hairstyle too? LOL
I don't think I significantly changed from before and act girly like a typical preppy girl...
but I admit that I've definitely gotten more interested in girly things like cooking, fashion, and other girly things(?).
I feel silly writing this. I think I might delete this post after few days. LOL

2. I've gotten stupid.
Since I've been away from school for 6 months and haven't done much of academic works(oops...),
I feel like I act loopy all the time.
I used to be silly when I'm tired, but now I'm JUST SILLY all the time, especially around my brother.
My brother told me, "You are embarassing..." and "I really think your IQ went down."
and now he doesn't listen to my advice, because I'm no longer a reliable, "somewhat smarter than he is" sister.
I am now stupider than I was before.
I'm very sad. I will be back after I cry a little bit in the corner.

3. Giving myself a chance(s) to think about other possibilities?
This pertains to what I want to be in the future/what I want to major in.
Frankly I haven't made any decision or changes yet, but I did find new intersts: sunday school and health policy.
I haven't really felt a strong conviction in neither of them yet though,
but I'm definitely look at them with an open mind unlike treating them as unthinkable possibilites.

4. I sleep too much.
I used to go to bed around 3 AM. Now I get tired when it's after midnight.
Yes, things have changed. I took a nap today, so I think I can stay up a little longer.

5. I can't speak English.
I speak English with Korean accents, but apparently my accent is stronger now.
People can still understand me though. sigh.

6. Jesus is not a religion.
Christianity isn't a label.
Being a christian is being in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
That is all I am going to say about this in this post.

These are all I can think of at the moment.
Few things haven't changed though:
1. I still have a love-and-hate relationship with the humanity (LOL)
2. I still love my hoodies and sweatpants. It's getting hot though. I miss my colorful hoodies!
3. I still am a bad cook.
4. I still have short hair.
5. I still am very forgetful (actually possibly gotten worse!)

1 comment: